Friday, August 17, 2012

Blue Print Juice Cleanse - Complete: Final Results

Yay, I made it through! And the final verdict is: down 2.5 lbs. Sweet! But, more importantly, I feel pretty good. And I have a new tool to add to my regime. I feel like I could go on (if I had to), but thankfully I don't. I'm excited and nervous to go back to real food. Excited because, obviously, real food is awesome, but nervous because I don't want to slip and go back to my old ways. And I suppose I could have lost more weight if I had worked out harder, but I wasn't sure how the cleanse would affect me and I didn't want to be super hungry (or even hungrier, as it was).

Last night was definitely tough though. I went out with friends and really struggled not to eat something, anything. We were at a Mexican place and, god, it smelled good. I had about 5 chips before I started getting a little queasy. They were so salty and greasy; it was a shock to the system.

I woke up this morning and made a green juice. I do actually like the way it tastes. And there's no way I'm eating that much kale on a regular basis. But I had some soup for lunch, and man, that was good. So many flavors! And so savory. I'm pretty happy. The cleanse authors warn about jumping back into real food too quickly, so I think I'll make some juices later.

While I, um enjoyed might not be the right word, but you get the idea, I don't think I'm going to take this as far as the authors do. Raw, vegan, food combining is not going to fly with me. I like hot food, and dairy, and lots of things all together. I do think I can come back to juice when I need to. And next time, because I'm sure there will be, I'm going to do more green juices.

I'm not really sure I "felt" any cleansing though. I did have a bit of a break out on my cheek, so maybe that's all there is. I certainly don't feel any awesome energy burst or great clarity. Maybe because it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be? I don't know. Maybe next time...

Just one last thought, and this goes back to the beginning, I think one thing that helped me was taking the preparation phase fairly seriously. I was nervous that this would be unbearably hard, and the authors cautioned that jumping right into the cleanse could be a shock to the system, making it all the more difficult to stick to. Even though I was at a wedding over the weekend, on Sunday and Monday I made an effort to stick to the pre-cleanse plans. I think doing that made it easier to transition to the cleanse. And I felt really ready for it to start.

But, now I'm ready to get back to real life. We'll check in later and see if this really sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment