Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blue Print Cleanse - Day Two: A Cashew Allergy?

There's less to add today. I felt pretty good when I woke up, not starving, but as the day progressed, I got hungrier. Today was scheduled to be all juices, no smoothies, but I had to make something more substantial, so I blended up an avocado-banana-rice milk smoothie. Um, gross. Talk about an appetite suppressant, haha. I got about a third of it down before I gave up. It was pretty satisfying though.

Also, I may have cheated  - just a bit! I had a spoonful of almond butter. And it was awesome. I don't even feel bad.

Most importantly, I think I'm allergic to cashews. Last night, after I drank the cashew milk, I had a bit of an itchy feeling in the back of my throat and nausea. It wasn't a big deal, and I chalked it up to "cleansing" (and possibly drinking the beverage too fast). But tonight I had the same feeling. Almost as soon as I felt it, I knew it was an allergic reaction. I had the drink about an hour ago and even after taking an allergy med, I still feel bad. This is a total bummer because I love cashews.

The weird thing is, I eat a fair amount of nuts, and I've never had a reaction like this. I'm wondering if it's due to the large quantity of cashews. I almost never eat this many nuts in one sitting. And I've never had a reaction to walnuts, almonds or pistachios. I'll have to do a bit more research about this.

I was able to get more out of my leafy greens today. I left them a bit damp after washing, balled them up and put them in the chute with a juicer fruit. I think they got better traction going down today, so that was nice. There definitely seems to be a lot of waste with juicing. I wish I could compost or something, but I can't while living in my urban jungle. I suppose if I weren't cleansing, I could save the pulp and do... something with it. Any ideas?

I'm excited tomorrow is the last day. This hasn't been as hard as I thought, but it is cramping my social life. I skipped out on happy hour with friends because I knew I'd be too tempted by food and drinks.

I'm pretty excited for the third day. I feel like I'm in a groove and can really make it, but I'm also pretty excited for it to be over. I've been craving sushi, of all things, and I think I can see that in my plans for this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment