Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Juice Cleanse - Day One, Drink One

Has anyone else jumped on this bandwagon and done a juice cleanse? Well, I finally have and today is my first day. I've just been feeling so awful lately. I was traveling and got sick, gained some weight, and just haven't been able to stick to my workout routine. I also watched the movie Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead, in which people take control of their health through juicing. So, I decided to go for it, and here I am on the first day of a three day cleanse.

I did some research and decided on two things. First, I decided to purchase a juicer and make the juices myself. There are companies that will ship you the juices every day, but wow, those are expense. Plus, I feel like I can continue to use my juicer in the future, even when I'm not cleansing. Second, I decided to use the plan set out in the book The 3-Day Cleanse: Drink Fresh Juice, Eat Real Food, and Get Back into Your Skinny Jeans. This book is written by the founders of The Blue Print Cleanse, and there's a good amount of information on preparing to cleanse, after the cleanse, answers to the questions you might have along the way.

I was pretty excited to start today. I went out an bought all my supplies (except the parsley, which I forgot and need to get later). I got up this morning and went to make my juice... and realized I bought zucchini instead of cucumbers. This is so me. I don't pay close attention at the store and end up with random foods. Luckily there is a new farmer's market near my place this afternoon, so I hope to get my cukes there. The book doesn't talk about substitutions, but I threw some carrots in there instead. And let me tell you -

That juice is pretty freakin' good. I was dreading it, thinking it would taste like dirt, but it was really good. Maybe this is due to using the wrong ingredients, but hey, I feel like I'm off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment